This past week has been a blur. A mostly fun blur but also exhausting and a bit frustrating. Adjusting to life in a new city, country, and continent is not easy but mostly it has been a lot of fun. I was warned about culture shock but so far, I love the Czech Republic's culture. Dry, cynical humor is my kind of thing. And any country that bases their culture around a love of beer is fine by me. Also- little known fact but the country's southern region produces pretty great white wine.
Coming to Prague, one of my main concerns was eating: In NYC I maintain a strict vegan diet but I knew I'd have to compromise a lot coming here. While I understood I would do my best, many people warned me that I wouldn't be able to avoid meat. However, veganism is actually quiet easy here. While I try my best to stay vegan at least when cooking for myself, even going out to eat there are many vegan options. Adjusting to a new cuisine is still difficult but luckily the warnings about the lack of vegetables in Prague did not ring true.
I'm still reeling from the week but I'm trying to post photos while I still have the chance. Classes start tomorrow but I'm sure there will still be plenty of time for photos.







I love everyone and everything in these photos.
ReplyDelete